Update: As at 14 November, 2022
For 35 years, Outback Aussie Tours owners, Alan and Sue Smith have been passionate advocates for tourism in Outback Queensland, our home. The health and safety of their guests, employees and outback community is paramount in the operation of sustainable tourism experiences. Along with their enthusiastic team they remain committed to delivering authentic Outback holidays packed to the brim with local connections, knowledgeable commentary and incredible once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to sharing our piece of the outback with you soon.
Outback Aussie Tours and their guests are required to follow applicable Chief Health/Medical Officer public health directions in relation to COVID-19. Please refer to below current requirements for travel with Outback Aussie Tours.
Vaccination Requirements, Mask Wearing & Rapid Antigen Tests:
- Guests travelling on Outback Aussie Tours day tours such as the River Cruises, Outback Rail Adventure Tours or Station Tours are not required to be vaccinated to travel.
- Guests are not required to wear masks whilst travelling on Outback Aussie Tours’ vehicles but if you wish to wear a mask, you are most welcome to do so.
- All guests booked to travel with Outback Aussie Tours on our Guided Holidays program are not required to be fully vaccinated to travel but we highly recommend you are. For the latest updates on COVID-19 please visit Qld Health.
- Guests are not required to wear masks whist travelling on Outback Aussie Tours’ vehicles but if you wish to wear a mask, you are welcome to do so. However guests may be instructed to wear masks in the event that a guest is unwell or tests positive to Covid-19.
- Outback Aussie Tours highly recommends that all guests undertake a Rapid Antigen Test in the 24 hours prior to boarding our coaches.
- Should a guest become unwell whilst on tour, they may be required to take a Rapid Antigen Test and provide evidence of a negative result before proceeding with the tour. If the guest tests positive to Covid they will need to follow the directions of the driver/ host which may include wearing masks or being required to leave the tour early.
Connecting Third Party Transport Suppliers (eg. Airlines or Qld Rail)
- Guests are responsible for checking requirements for relevant connecting Airlines and transport providers (including Qld Rail) to ensure they are compliant for travel.
- Unfortunately, Outback Aussie Tours cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen travel and accommodation costs due to guest failure to comply with a third party operator/supplier requirement.
On Tour Safety Protocols
All Outback Aussie Tours’ drivers and hosts are trained with the latest hygiene protocols to maintain optimum onboard safety. Our guests are required to follow recommended personal hygiene practices in line with the World Health Organisation including regular washing of hands and sanitising when required.
Outback Aussie Tours strongly recommends that guests take our Travel Insurance at time of booking
Guests that cancel their day tour 48 hours and over will receive no penalty and all monies will be refunded. However guests that cancel their tour under 48 hours, 100% of tour price will be charged. Where a tour is cancelled by Outback Aussie Tours prior to the departure date, Outback Aussie Tours will use all reasonable endeavours to offer the nearest possible alternative tour (subject to refund or payment to cover any tour price difference) or, if this is not acceptable, refund the tour price.
Guided Holiday Tours
Outback Aussie Tours Booking Terms and Conditions including information about payment, changes of itinerary and if you are unwell on tour can be found here.
Guided Holiday Tours Cancellation fees are as follows:
Days of notice Fee per person 60 days and over Loss of deposit (including any flights or rail booked) 59-46 days 50% of tour fare 45-15 days 75% of tour fare 14-0 days 100% of tour fare
Please note: transferring to another date is treated as a cancellation and cancellation fees apply. All cancellations must be advised in writing. If a Government imposed travel ban due to Covid-19 affects the departure or operation of a tour, 100% credit of funds will be held to be used as credit for a future tour booking. This excludes any costs that are irretrievable.
Covid-19 Guest Travel Declaration Form
Please refer to our Covid- 19 Guest Travel Declaration Form for more information about our policies regarding Covid-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Do I need to get a Rapid Antigen Test before joining an OAT tour?
A: Yes, it is recommended for all guests travelling on OAT tours that they undertake a Rapid Antigen Test in the 24 hours prior to boarding the coach. We would also recommend you bring extra Rapid Antigen Tests on tour.
Q2: If I tests positive while on tour and I need to isolate, who pays for my hotel quarantine and additional costs such as meals?
A: If you test positive to Covid you may be required to leave the tour. Outback Aussie Tours highly recommends you obtain travel insurance to cover situations such as these. Any costs incurred for having to quarantine or organise transport home will be your and/or your insurance provider’s responsibility, which is why we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance before your tour begins. Where possible and where there are not incurred costs Outback Aussie Tours will refund you for the parts of the tour you miss.
Q3: How does Outback Aussie Tours keep customers safe on tour?
A: Please refer to our On Tour Health & Safety web page.
Q4: Is there a possibility that our tour itinerary may need to be changed/adapted should there be a Covid-19 outbreak or new restriction?
A: Yes, should a Covid-19 related incident, such as a lockdown or border closure, impact the scheduled itinerary, then the tour itinerary will be adapted to ensure guests are kept safe. Guests will be advised of the change as soon as possible.
Q5: What happens if I need to cancel my tour before departure due to COVID.
A. Cancellation fees will apply and travel insurance is strongly recommended.
View our On Tour Heath & Safety Policy
Coronavirus Travel Update
Ready to Book your Tour?
With over 35 years experience in crafting authentic Queensland outback tours& adventures, you’re assured of a memorable and highly personalised guided holiday with Outback Aussie Tours.Book Now